1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know any place from where we can download free games legally and safely?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by gameaddict, Feb 17, 2017.

1. gameaddict Active Member

gameaddict
    I know many sites where we can get free games but I am quite skeptical on security concerns. We can’t trust most of them as there could be many dubious motives behind giving free games. While downloading games they can easily infect our PC with malicious programs like adware. But something like a keylogger program can steal all our private information and pass it on to the scammer without our knowledge.

I would like to know if there is a safe place to download free PC games?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Issun Member

Issun
    Big Fish and Steam both have some free games on them, but both come with a monthly fee so they aren't strictly free. The more responsible ones I know are play online only (think king.com or neopets).

There are a lot of fan made or fan-remade games which you'll only get through free download sites, but all I can really suggest is get them directly from the makers if possible. Normally people won't sabotage their own work as they want more people to see it. Also get a good antivirus that can scan downloads and executables during download and before execution. Avast has been pretty good at that.

Jasmin Cottontail and gameaddict like this.
  3. gameaddict Active Member

gameaddict
    Thanks for your concern. As you said there are many sites like personal blogging sites that offer free download of games but I avoid them due to possible security threat. I have a free version of Avast anti-virus installed on my PC.

You are right that we should not download anything from third party sites. It is safe to get it directly from original publisher’s site. In fact nothing is free on net and if somebody is offering free games they will also benefit in some way or other. There must be a hidden agenda behind free offers.

4. Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

Jasmin Cottontail
    Whenever I would like to download games, I always check BigFish and PopCap and I always find something free to download :) Sometimes I look for torrent sites to download games. I believe BigFish and PopCap are somehow secure since I've been downloading from there a few times and haven't encounter any problems. And it would really be helpful to have an Antivirus for your computer just in case you visited a website with Trojans or Viruses.

5. Decentlady Active Member

Decentlady
    I have used BigFish, Popcap, Playstore and escape4u for downloading my collection.

I always had a virus free experience and enjoyable game play. Free of course.

6. fuzyon Member

fuzyon
    You can always wait for uPlay, Origin or Steam promotions to get free games legally. They always give out games for free so you should always be on the look out on these sites. Alternatively, you can search the internet for games that are free to play, you'll find mostly online ones like League of Legends, Dota etc. though.
    Always check the security certificate if you're downloading from fishy sites.

7. Senpai_who_wont_notice_U Active Member

Senpai_who_wont_notice_U
    All the games of Gametop are free and legal. They are casual PC games that are rip offs of popular titles. They have knock offs of Zuma, Candy crush and many more. I like their jigsaw puzzle game because you can make a puzzle out of any pictures in existence.

8. Krissttina Isobe Krissttina Isobe/oahuwriter

Krissttina Isobe
    I don't download games, but play games for free at pch.com and facebook.com. I don't trust downloading games so I like to play on facebook a free mahjong game and I know that people with gaming equipment do a lot better than me and my mouse. I'm making 6000 points at a pch.com game others making 41,600 plus at the same game! Good luck in finding the games you like playing!

9. tpicks Active Member

tpicks
    I haven't be going for free games to download online. I am very careful of the kinds of programs I install on my systems. You can't just tell which softwares are genuine and the ones that are false looking for identities to steal. I am glad to see that BigFish is one site that could be trusted.

10. Folk Artist New Member

Folk Artist
    They have a site called Addicting Games and the game developers contribute to this site- the categories include car,action and escape games and a lot of people recommend this site for free and safe games. I like the Final Fantasy games on google play though and of course some of them cost money-but some of the free games include, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius,Mobius Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire to name a few. I think the Final Fantasy games have some good characters and plots- and you do get attached to these characters quite a bit.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017