1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long do you play?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Alexandoy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Alexandoy Active Member

Alexandoy
    There was a news report late last year that a boy died of exhaustion and maybe of hunger and thirst as well. He was in an internet shop playing computer games. The shop attendant said that he had noticed the boy playing in the shop for 3 days straight. And it seems that the boy, who was actually not a teenager anymore, was so addicted to computer games that he neglected his body’s needs. Dehydration was the cause of death as per the autopsy report.

Now this question, how long can you play without any break? Not 3 days, I hope.

2. Krissttina Isobe Krissttina Isobe/oahuwriter

Krissttina Isobe
    No way, not 3 days, not even 3 hours. I love to play games on my laptop for it helps me relax. I'll play for about 45 minutes straight, then take a break, getting coffee or something to munch on. I got too much responsibilities, so I'll finish my responsibilities, then go back to my work and play online. I enjoy playing games, not to the point of death though. It's a wonder why no one stopped this child for lunch or dinner. You got to go for a bathroom break too so I don't understand why someone didn't force this child to stop playing and nourish himself.

3. Bakanyan Legendary Bastard

Bakanyan
    Me and my friends regularly queue up for 8 continous games of Dota 2 (around 7 hours, but we often take some breaks in between). If I'm playing alone, I can only play one match before I get tired, but if I'm with my friends, it's pretty easy to last 6~8 hours without realizing how the time was spent. One of the friends can play 24 hours straight but I have no intention of reaching that level of insanity.

4. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Member

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
    When I read the heading of your post I thought you were talking about some outdoor game. I was shocked to read that it was because of a computer game. Where is the technology addiction taking us. I know it is very hard for the parents to keep their children away from internet and tablets but it is high time now that steps must be taken so as to monitor a control.

5. Gad New Member

Gad
    That is gross. I know of several pals of mine who are addicted to gaming but not to the extent of neglecting their bodies. Normally, whenever we are gaming, we must have some snacks to ensure that we do not wear out. After all, if you tire out you won't be able to play well. About the length of time, it depends. Sometimes I am so busy and I cannot afford to play. When I do, it's normally for around 4 hours and I get exhausted. Three days is a lot and I think it is not worth dying that way. I mean, you have access to food but you cannot so as to play online games. That is intolerable. Such teenagers should be punished heavily.