1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Haunted Houses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lexinonomous, Oct 4, 2016.

1. lexinonomous Active Member

lexinonomous
    No matter where you go, you're going to come across some sort of haunted house during the Halloween Season. Even in the most conservative areas, there are some sort of haunted houses in the area. It's a given when it comes to October and the holidays approaching!

I've always loved traveling to different cities to check out the town's favorites. There are so many annual attractions in my area that it's hard to choose which one to attend.

What are some of your favorite Local Haunted Houses?
    Does your town do anything annually?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. pwarbi Well-Known Member

pwarbi
    In my neighborhood growing up we didn't really have haunted houses as such, just houses that we kept away from because the people who owned them was a little...well, odd! In a way I think that most places will have the derelict houses and the ones that have inhabitants that keep themselves to themselves and children will always tend to make up stories about what happens around them places.

Some of them stories though, a they get passed from one generation to the next, can often spiral out of control and before you know it you have actually got a horror or ghost story that doesn't really have any foundation, it's just kids being kids.

3. Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

Jasmin Cottontail
    There are several haunted places on our area but the most famous isn't a haunted house but a haunted hospital. It is a bit far from our place and you can't access it easily because there are people guarding the place. Some of my friends and co-workers before dared to visit the place and one or two of them got possessed by a demonic spirit which is really creepy and scary. After that incident, none of them ever go back to the said haunted hospital.

4. TheKnight Active Member

TheKnight
    People around in my area usually use the old broken-down homes in my area and let me tell you, those are plentiful. They don't even need to decorate them. The spooky ambiance is already enough and along with the ''legends'' of the building, it's mostly enough to have a small thrill walking through one. You don't really need a man-made haunted house around here. An artificial one.

5. Jason76 Active Member

Jason76
    I cannot name any local houses off the bat. However, there is this one abandoned house across the street from my home. Well, actually, it's not right across the street. You have to go a bit further into a forest. Anyway, it would be fun to make some YouTube Halloween movie with it - because it's totally perfect for that role, especially in the fall and winter. Too bad I don't have a photo I could upload.

6. Krissttina Isobe Krissttina Isobe/oahuwriter

Krissttina Isobe
    We do have haunted places and houses on Oahu. I don't go to them and wear Holy Saint Anthony. I watch Dead Files and like being protected from the dead, in due respect. Jasmin's post says it all. The dead should be in heaven not on Earth. Watching Dead Files there is a lot of paranormal dangers so I don't like to go to haunted places. Once at the library where I used their internet computers, it was getting near to closing time and I needed more time. I was hoping that there was another hour still as I roamed the library for an open internet computer. I came upon one of the clocks in the library and it was behind an hour. I stood there for a second longer to make sure about the wrong time. Then I promptly went to a librarian and showed her the clock that had been mysteriously set back an hour. She saw it and we both looked at each other and she said she'll have it fixed. Another librarian once told me that the library clocks sometimes had a mind of their own and it happened. Is the library haunted? I really don't know. The clock was fixed the next time I went to the library. After watching Dead Files I don't want to worry so I wear a Saint Anthony medallion as well as other holy protection.

7. working buck Active Member

working buck
    There are a few haunted houses that are quite near the place where I grew up and one near the place where I studied college. I have seen thees houses but never really went inside them. Even though I wasn't told they were haunted, I got goosebumps the first time I saw these houses. They just look like old houses when you take a look at them but you would feel something different while looking at the place from afar. You would feel something heavy, I really can't explain the exact feeling but it really is different. If you heard about the abandoned hospital in clark air base, it's a bit near our place too.

8. tyche Active Member

tyche
    In my city, I haven't heard of any popular haunted houses yet. But in other cities, they seem to be many, especially in the provinces and in Baguio City, where there have been a lot of ghost sightings. I would love to go ghost hunting on those haunted places, but I have to have several companions so that it won't be scary.