1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moana

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kamai, Dec 31, 2016.

1. kamai Active Member

kamai
    I haven't watched the movie but I heard great things about it not only from children but adults too. With all the good reviews I really want to watch it but I don't have the money to go to the theatres right now or maybe I will wait for the DVD.

Has anyone watched it? What did you think of it?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. elitesquatter New Member

elitesquatter
    I had fun watching this Disney princess movie. I have to say that the water animation is incredible. The songs are super catchy as well and until now, they're still stuck in my head. I was pleasantly surprised with Dwyane 'The Rock' Johnson's singing voice.

kamai likes this.
  3. kamai Active Member

kamai
    I had no idea that The Rocks voice would be heard in this movie, this will be be interesting to hear. I have heard that this is very different than other princess movies and the animation is much better.

4. Shine_Spirit Member

Shine_Spirit
    It's a very beautiful movie, well made and that has a very interesting moral lesson because it avoids what would be trivial of movies involving a female protagonist: a prince ready to save her. Moana is an independent, strong woman who knows how to defend herself.

Considering the reality that the world lives today, it's a movie that must be seen (mainly by children).

5. Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

Jasmin Cottontail
    Haven't seen this one as well but I believe this one is somewhat popular because I've been hearing a lot about it recently. I think it's about a young girl, a chief's daughter on her quest to save her clan, something like that. My family have watched the film and they said that it's an awesome one :) They really liked it and I've been hearing a lot of covers on it's theme song "How Far I'll Go". If it's good then I should give it a shot :)

6. Krissttina Isobe Krissttina Isobe/oahuwriter

Krissttina Isobe
    You know what, I picked up a calendar of events from Pearl City Library, they got a movie Sunday-just missed Moana! I was there on Sunday too printing out documents and didn't even know it was going to happen. I went shopping and came home with my printed documents. I have no printer, so every time I need to print I go to the library. Well I missed Moana this time, but I want to go to another Sunday movie day at the end of April which will show the newest Rawlings newest movie! I probably will be the oldest movie goer of the day at the library, lol!

7. Gad New Member

Gad
    Moana was a great animation. I personally watched it a couple of times and remains in my 2017 best animation series. From the beginning to the end, it has the required suspense. It won't bore you. It's about a girl, Moana who sets out in search of Maui, the god of the wind. She wants to be heIped to restore peace to her people by returning a mystical heart of the god of the island, Te Fiti. I mostly liked Alessia Cara's soundtrack "How Far Will I go". I actually set it as my ringtone. Moana's father is over-protective and does not want her sailing. However, she defies all odds and saves her people.