1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablet v laptop

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Alexandoy, May 8, 2017.

1. Alexandoy Active Member

Alexandoy
    It seems to me that the tablet is gaining ground on the laptop that only professionals are now using laptops. One tablet user said that the tablet is more portable since it is light unlike the laptop which is big in size and heavy. For ordinary users especially for use in social media and simple games, the tablet is preferred by many over the laptop. So I guess there is a trend for the tablet to overtake the laptop in terms of popularity. What’s going great for the tablet is its similarity to the smart phone so the user will have no trouble in adapting for the tablet is just like a bigger phone unlike the laptop which is a real computer.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe Krissttina Isobe/oahuwriter

Krissttina Isobe
    When I was going to buy my first laptop, I was looking at all that was available for a computer at home. I decided that I like laptops better for I like the big size, so I can comfortably use the computer. I love the portability of a tablet, but I bought a laptop. Some say you can do the same things on a tablet as a laptop, but guess it's what you'd like in a computer to get a tablet or laptop.

3. Gad New Member

Gad
    I think no matter how much tablet making firms try, they will never surpass the laptop. This is because a tablet is mostly a phone but bigger in size. Its capabilities are still limited. With a tablet, you are limited to applications. This makes me hate the tablet since it is monotonous. If it is just for simple uses like replying to emails and accessing social media, a tablet would be ideal. However, if it is about more complicated office work, a laptop is the best tool.