1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most you'd pay for a game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Issun, May 8, 2017.

1. Issun Member

Issun
    There's been a general price rise across gaming. Console games used to be about 30 bucks, now they have more than doubled that. Some of the expensive games cost more than I've paid for consoles in the past, and there are boardgames coming out that cost over 100. So, if prices keep climbing, what is the most you would pay for a game?

Krissttina Isobe and Jason76 like this.
  2. Jason76 Active Member

Jason76
    It's difficult to say how much I'd pay for a game. I suppose it's like anything else, in that if I find something massively attractive, then I might pay thru the roof for it. Note, that might be a case with Mario games. I find them so interesting that I don't mind paying 50 or 100 dollars, for say, Super Mario Maker.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Member

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
    Very true. The addiction and live for some games is such that the cost one has to bear falls far behind then. If I love a particular gamevi will play any price to get access to it.

4. thisnthat Active Member

thisnthat
    It really depends on how much fun the game is and how many hours of enjoyment I could expect to get from it. If it's something that can be played for ages, or has great re-playability, it would probably be worth spending a bit more for it. A game that's basically 'one and done' or quickly beaten wouldn't be worth such a high price though (at least not to me).

I paid for WoW (the game itself) plus a monthly subscription fee. Each expansion lasts roughly 2 years. So, $40 per 'box' and $15 per month is like 400 bucks every two years. That breaks down to around $17 a month, I guess, which at the time was well worth it. I had many hours of enjoyment. It was cheaper than a cable TV package and much more fun.

All that to say, it really depends on the game.

5. kamai Active Member

kamai
    The most I would pay for a video game is $40 and that's if I really wanted it. I haven't bought one a few years now because of the prices have been raised too high. With the little time I have to play them now buying them for too much is just not worth it.

6. Krissttina Isobe Krissttina Isobe/oahuwriter

Krissttina Isobe
    I don't pay for any games I play. I go to pch.com or facebook to find absolutely free games. I like pch.com because you can win prizes and have a lot of fun playing and trying to win prizes or gift cards. Facebook has a mahjong game that's absolutely free that I play all the time when I've free time to play games. Good luck in finding games you like.