1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Was The Last Time You Watched a VHS Tape

Discussion in 'General Entertainment' started by Rainman, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

Jasmin Cottontail
    I really can't remember the last time but I think that was probably during the 90's. We used to watch movies in our VHS player and we have this car re-winder for VHS tapes. I used to have my collection of cartoons and fairy tale movies back then and I watch some of those everyday :) I also have my own videos as a baby until I became older recorded in VHS tapes. I wonder where are they now.

2. TheKnight Active Member

TheKnight
    I have a television that has both a VHS player and a DVD player. It's one of those big and bulky televisions with the large back. I have good movies that I only own on VHS and I tend to watch them frequently, actually. They still are in good quality so I don't see why not use them. So to answer your question, 4 days ago. The movie I watched was the Rugrats movie with my sister.

3. Alexandoy Active Member

Alexandoy
    This reminds me of the olden days when the VHS player was the main entertainment at home. So very popular are the tape rental shops with their promo that you rent 4 and you get a free tape. But that was the time when piracy was starting. The pirates were copying movies on VHS using a simple VHS recorder. And they will rent it for a business. We have a VHS player then that I think it is still in our stock room. The last time we used that was in 1998.

4. Folk Artist New Member

Folk Artist
    It seems like yesterday though when you went to the video store and rented a movie-and I remember BlockBuster video-and the slogan was "be kind and rewind" on the VHS tape or something like that. They had a drop box for the return,and you had to have it back in like 3 days I think. They said in the last years also that they started stocking and selling posters,Tshirts,stuffed animals and toys to stay afloat-but I do not remember this?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017